第一季 2集: The Big Bran Hypothesis
-Howard: But does it have peanut oil | 但有花生油吧 |
-Leonard: I'm not sure. | 我不清楚。 |
Everyone keep an eye on Howard in case he starts to swell up. | 你们每个人都盯着Howard,以防他突然肿胀。 |
-Sheldon: Since it's not bee season, you can have my epinephrine. | 既然现在不是看<拼字大赛> ,你可以吃我的肾上腺素。 |
-Howard: Are there any chopsticks | 有筷子吗 |
-Sheldon: You don't need chopsticks. This is Thai food. | 你不需要筷子,这是泰国菜。 |
-Leonard: Here we go. | 又来啦。 |
-Sheldon: Thailand has had the fork since the latter half of the 19th Century. | 泰国自19世纪后半期起使用餐叉。 |
Interestingly, they don't actually put the fork in their mouth-- | 有趣的是,他们不直接叉食物进嘴, |
They use it to put the food on a spoon which then goes into their mouth. | 而是叉食物进汤匙,再送进嘴里。 |
-Leonard: Ask him for a napkin. I dare you. | 你敢不敢找他要餐巾纸 |
I'll get it. | 我去开门。 |
-Howard: Do I look puffy I feel puffy. | 我看起来肿吗 我觉得有点鼓鼓的。 |
-Penny:Hey, Leonard. | 嗨,Leonard |
-Leonard: Oh, hi, Penny. | 嗨,Penny |
-Penny:Am I interrupting | 打扰到你们了 |
-Leonard: No. | 没有。 |
-Sheldon: You're not swelling, Howard. | 你没有肿胀,Howard。 |
-Howard: No, no, look at my fingers. They're like Vienna sausages. | 不,不,看我的手指,就像维也纳腊肠。 |
-Penny:Sounds like you have company. | 看起来你有客人。 |
-Leonard: They're not going anywhere. | 他们哪儿也不去。 |
So, you're coming home from work. That's great. How was work | 你刚下班啊,太好了。工作怎么样 |
-Penny:Well, you know, it's a Cheesecake Factory. | 你知道嘛芝士蛋糕工厂 |
People order cheesecake and I bring it to them… | 人们购买蛋糕,我给他们就行。 |
-Leonard: So you kind of act like a carbohydrate delivery system. | 也就是说,你类似于是,碳水化合物的运送系统。 |
-Penny:Yeah. Call it whatever you want, I get my minimum wage. | 是啊,随便你怎么叫它,我能拿到基本工资。 |
Yeah. Um, anyways, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I've kinda had... | 好吧,不管怎么说,我在想你能不能帮我个忙 |
-Leonard: Yes. | 没问题。 |
-Penny:Okay, great. I'm having some furniture delivered tomorrow and I may not be here, so... Oh. H… Hello. | 太好了。明天我有些家具要运过来,我可能不在家,所以... 你...你们好… |
I'm sorry | 抱歉 |
-Howard: Haven't you ever been told how beautiful you are in flawless Russian | 没人用俄语夸奖过你的绝世美貌吗 |
-Penny:No, I haven't. | 不,没有。 |
-Howard: Get used to it. | 你得习惯这个。 |
-Penny:Yeah. I probably won't. | 呃,我可能很难习惯。 |
Hey,Sheldon. Hi | 嘿 Sheldon 。 嗨 |
Hey, Raj. | 嘿 Raj。 |
Still not talking to me, huh | 还是不理我,嗯 |
-Sheldon: Don't take it personally, it's his pathology. He can't talk to women. | 别放在心上。这是他的病状,他没法和女人说话。 |
-Howard: He can’t talk to attractive women or in your case, a cheesecake scented goddess. | 没法和迷人的女人说话,而你是芝士蛋糕香气逼人的女神。 |
-Leonard: So there's going to be some furniture delivered | 那么,有家具要搬过来 |
-Penny:Yeah, yeah. If it gets here and I'm not here tomorrow, could you just sign for it, | 对。如果明天送来时我不在,你能帮我签收一下吗 |
and have them put it in my apartment | 然后搬进我的房间 |
-Leonard: No problem. | 没问题。 |
-Penny:Great. Here's my spare key. Thank you. | 太好了,这是我的备用钥匙,谢谢! |
Penny, wait. | Penny,等等。 |
-Penny:Yeah | 怎么 |
-Leonard: Uh...If you don't have any other plans, | 呃... 如果你没别的计划, |
do you want to join us for Thai food and a Superman movie marathon | 要不来和我们一起吃泰国菜,还有超人电影马拉松 |
-Penny:A marathon Wow. How many Superman movies are there | 马拉松 哇噢,你们那儿有多少部超人电影 |
-Sheldon: You're kidding, right | 你开玩笑,对吧 |
-Penny:I do like the one where Lois Lane falls from the helicopter | 我超喜欢那部,路易丝·莱恩从直升机上坠下。 |
and Superman swooshes down and catches her. | 超人嗖地一下过去接住她。 |
Which one was that | 那是哪一部 |
One(其他人齐声说) | 就一部。 |
-Sheldon: You realize that scene was rife with scientific inaccuracy. | 你知道那场景里,充斥着科学错误吧 |
-Penny:Yes, I know, men can't fly. | 是啊,我知道,人类不能飞。 |
-Sheldon: No, no. Let's assume that they can. | 不,不,让我们假设人类可以。 |
Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial of 32 feet per second. | 路易丝·莱恩以32英尺/秒平方的初始加速度急速坠落, |
Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. | 超人突然下降,用钢铁般的手臂接住她。 |
Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour, | 莱恩小姐此时大约速度在120英里/时, |
hits them and is immediately slice into three equal pieces. | 猛撞上超人的手臂后,她会马上被切成三等分。 |
-Leonard: Unless Superman matches her speed and decelerates. | 除非超人赶上她的速度并减速。 |
-Sheldon: In what space, sir In what space | 哪还有时间,先生 哪有时间 |
She's two feet above the ground. | 她离地面只有两英尺。 |
Frankly, if he really loved her, he'd let her hit the pavement. | 坦白讲,如果他真的爱她,就应该让她直接撞地。 |
It'd be a more merciful death. | 那会是种更仁慈的死法。 |
-Leonard: Excuse me, your entire argument is predicated on the assumption | 抱歉,你全部的争论,都只是建立在一个假设上, |
that Superman's flight is a feat of strength. | 假设超人的飞行能力,是一种力量的特技。 |
-Sheldon: Are you listening to yourself | 你知道自己说什么吗 |
It is well established that Superman's flight is a feat of strength. | 这一点是毋庸置疑的啊。 |
It is an extension of his ability to leap tall buildings. | 这是他跳跃高楼能力的延伸, |
an ability he derives from exposure to Earth's yellow sun. | 是他从太阳光中获取的能力。 |
-Howard:And you don't have a problem with that How does he fly at night | 你没发现问题吗 那他在夜里怎么飞行 |
-Sheldon: Oh, a combination of the moon's solar reflection | 哦,结合月球的日光反射, |
and the energy-storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells. | 以及氪星人皮肤细胞中贮存的能量。 |
-Penny:I'm just gonna go wash up. | 我要回去洗个手先。 |
-Leonard: I have 2,600 comic books in there. | 我那儿有2600本连环画册。 |
I challenge you to find a single reference to Kryptonian skin cells. | 你敢不敢去找出,所谓的"氪星人皮肤细胞"的内容 |
-Sheldon: Challenge accepted. | 接受挑战。 |
We're locked out. | 我们被锁在外面了。 |
-Raj:Also, the pretty girl left. | 还有,漂亮女孩也走了。 |
-Leonard: Ok, her apartment's on the fourth floor but the elevator's broken, | 房间在四楼,可是电梯坏了, |
so you're gonna have to... | 所以你们得... |
Oh, you're just gonna be done Okay. Cool. Thanks. | 你们就这么走了 好吧,没事,谢谢。 |
I guess we'll just bring it up ourselves. | 我们自己搬上去吧。 |
-Sheldon: I hardly think so. | 我不这么想。 |
-Leonard: Why not | 为什么不 |
-Sheldon: Well, we don't have a dolly, | 呃,我们没有手推车, |
or lifting belts or any measurable upper-body strength. | 没有升降运送带,也没有那么强悍的上肢力量。 |
-Leonard: We don't need strength-- we're physicists. | 我们不需要靠蛮力,我们是物理学家。 |
We are the intellectual descendants of Archimedes. | 我们是阿基米德的精英后代。 |
Give me a fulcrum and a lever and I can move the Earth. | 给我一个杠杆,一个支点,我就能撬动地球。 |
It's just a matter of... I don't have this. | 可问题是...我没有。 |
I don't have this! I do not have this!! | 我没有! 我没有!! |
-Sheldon: Archimedes would be so proud. | 阿基米德会为你骄傲的。 |
-Leonard: Do you have any ideas | 你有办法吗 |
-Sheldon: Yes, but they all involve a green lantern and a power ring. | 有,但都需要绿灯侠和能量指环 (美国漫画超级英雄)。 |
-Leonard: Easy... easy. | 慢点...慢点 |
Okay. Now we've got an inclined plane. | 很好,现在我们弄成了斜面。 |
The force required to lift is reduced by the sine of the angle of the stairs, | 运上去所需的力度,按梯角的正弦值减少, |
call it 30 degrees, so, about half. | 30度角的话,就减少一半力气。 |
-Sheldon: Exactly half. | 正好一半。 |
-Leonard: Exactly half. | 正好一半。 |
Let's push.. | 来推吧。 |
Okay. See, it's moving, this is easy. | 看,推动了,很容易。 |
It's all in the math. | 一切都是数学原理。 |
-Sheldon: What's your formula for the corner | 遇到转角,你用什么公式 |
-Leonard: What Okay, uh... | 什么 好吧呃... |
Okay, yeah, no problem. Just come up here, help me and turn. | 没问题,你上来这儿帮我拉,然后转弯。 |
-Sheldon: Ah, gravity, thou are a heartless bitch. | 啊,地心引力,你真是无良的婊子。 |
You do understand that our efforts here will | 你得明白,我们这儿所有的努力, |
in no way increase the odds of you having sexual congress with this woman. | 绝不可能增加你和那女人,发生性关系的几率。 |
-Leonard: Men do things for women without expecting sex. | 男人为女人做事,并不是只求做爱予以回报。 |
-Sheldon: Those would be men who just had sex. | 那是对于,刚做过爱的男人来说。 |
-Leonard: I'm doing this to be a good neighbor. | 我这么做,是想成为一个好邻居。 |
In any case, there's no way it could lower the odds. | 无论如何,这也绝不会降低几率啊。 |
-Leonard: Almost there. Almost there. Almost there. | 快到了。快到了。快到了。 |
-Sheldon: No, we're not. We’re not. | 不,还没到。不,还没到。 |
-Leonard: I'm sorry. | 对不起。 |
-Sheldon: Watch your fingers. Watch your fingers. | 小心你的手指。 |
-Leonard: Yeah. | 好的。 |
-Sheldon: Oh, God, my fingers! | 上帝啊我的手指! |
-Leonard: You okay | 你没事吧 |
-Sheldon: No, her... Great Caesar's ghost, look at this place. | 不,她... 伟大凯撒的亡灵啊,看看这地方。 |
-Leonard: So Penny's a little messy. | 看来Penny的房间有一点凌乱。 |
-Sheldon: A little messy | 有一点凌乱 |
The Mandelbrot set of complex numbers is a little messy. | 高次幂Mandelbrot集的复杂数字,才叫有一点凌乱。 |
This is chaos. | 这简直是一团糟。 |
Excuse me. | 不好意思。 |
Explain to me an organizational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid. | 你解释下,一个餐具盘放在沙发上,这样的组织系统能叫合理吗 |
Now, I'm just inferring that this is a couch | 现在,我只是假设这是沙发, |
because the evidence s the coffee table is having a tiny garage sale. | 因为证据显示,咖啡桌上正进行一场小型旧货出售。 |
-Leonard: Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the compulsive need to sort, organize | 你有没想过,并不是每个人都觉得必须要... 归类、整理、 |
and label the entire world around them | 并将一切事物都贴上标签 |
-Sheldon: No. | 没有想过。 |
-Leonard: Well, they don't. Hard as it may be for you to believe, | 其实人们不这样,也许你很难相信, |
most people don't sort their breakfast cereal numerically by fiber content. | 大多数人并不用纤维量,去归类他们的芥麦早餐。 |
-Sheldon: Excuse me, but I think we've both found that helpful at times. | 抱歉,但我认为我们都发现,有时那个很管用。 |
-Leonard: Come on, we should go. | 快点,我们得走了。 |
-Sheldon: Hang on. | 等一下。 |
-Leonard: What are you doing | 你在干嘛 |
-Sheldon: I'm straightening up. | 我在清理。 |
-Leonard: Sheldon, this is not your home. | Sheldon,这不是你的家。 |
-Sheldon: No, this is not anyone's home. This is a swirling vortex of entropy. | 这根本不能叫家,这是社会恶化的旋涡中心。 |
-Leonard: When the transvestite lived here, you didn't care how he kept the place. | 当易装癖住在这儿的时候,你就不计较他怎么糟蹋这的。 |
-Sheldon: Because it was immaculate. I mean, you opened that man's closet, it was left to right evening gowns, | 因为他的很完美。当你打开那男人的衣橱时,从左到右,依次是女士晚礼服、 |
cocktail dresses, then his police uniforms. | 女士短裙、然后是警察制服。 |
-Leonard: What were you doing in his closet | 你去翻他的衣橱干什么 |
-Sheldon: I helped him run some cable for a web cam. | 我帮他调试摄像头网线。 |
-Penny:Hey, guys. | 嘿,伙计们。 |
-Leonard: Oh, Hey, Penny. | 嘿,Penny。 |
This just arrived, we just brought this up... just now. | 家具刚到,我们搬上来...刚刚。 |
-Penny:Great. Was it hard getting it up the stairs | 太好了,你们搬上楼来很费劲吧 |
-Leonard: No. | 不。 |
-Sheldon: "No" | "不" |
-Leonard: No. | 不。 |
-Sheldon: No. | 不。 |
-Leonard: Well, we'll get out of your here. | 好了,我们出去了。 |
-Penny:Okay, great. Thank you again. | 太好了,再次谢谢你们。 |
-Sheldon: Penny...I just want you to know that you don't have to live like this. | Penny,我只是想让你知道,你没必要这样生活。 |
I'm here for you. | 有我在呢。 |
-Penny:What's he talking about | 他在说什么 |
-Leonard: It's a joke. | 说笑话。 |
-Penny:I don't get it. | 我没听懂。 |
-Leonard: Yeah, he didn't tell it right. | 是啊,他讲不来笑话的。 |
-Leonard: Sheldon SheldonHello Sheldon! | Sheldon! Sheldon 哈罗 Sheldon! |
-Sheldon: Shh, Shh, shh. Penny's sleeping. | 嘘,嘘,Penny在睡觉。 |
-Leonard: Are you insane | 你疯了吗 |
You can't just break into a woman's apartment in the middle of the night and clean. | 你不能就这么闯进一间女人的公寓,深更半夜,还打扫整理。 |
-Sheldon: I had no choice. | 我别无选择。 |
I couldn't sleep knowing that just outside my bedroom was our living room, and immediately adjacent to the hallway was... this. | 我没法睡着,明明知道,我卧室外是客厅,客厅外是走廊,而直接紧接走廊的是...这个。 |
-Leonard: Do you realize that if Penny wakes up, | 你有没想过,万一Penny醒了, |
there is no reasonable explanation as to why we're here. | 该如何解释我们在这儿呢。 |
-Sheldon: I just gave you a reasonable explanation. | 我刚就给了你一个合理解释。 |
-Leonard: No, no, you gave me an explanation. | 不,不,你给了我一个解释。 |
Its reasonableness will be determined by a jury of your peers. | 可它的合理性,得由你的同伴陪审团来裁决。 |
-Sheldon: Don't be ridiculous. I have no peers. | 别说笑了。我没什么同伴。 |
-Leonard: Sheldon, we have to get out of here. | Sheldon,我们得出去。 |
-Sheldon: You might want to speak in a lower register. | 也许你得降低声调。 |
-Leonard: What | 什么 |
-Sheldon: Evolution has made women sensitive to high-pitched noises while they sleep | 人类进化使得女性在睡觉时,对高声调的噪音特别敏感, |
so that they'll be roused by a crying baby. | 这样她们就能被哭闹的婴儿唤醒。 |
If you want to avoid waking her, speak in a lower register. | 如果你不想吵醒她,降低声调。 |
-Leonard: That's ridiculous! | 太可笑了! |
-Sheldon: No. That's ridiculous. | 不,太可笑了。 |
-Leonard: Fine. I accept your premise. Now, please, let's go. | 好吧,我接受你的假设,拜托,我们走。 |
-Sheldon: I'm not leaving until I'm done. | 没清理完,我不会走的。 |
If you have time to lean, you have time to clean. | 如果你如此清闲,还不如帮着清理。 |
-Leonard: Oh, what the hell. | 噢,该死的。 |
-Sheldon: Morning. | 早上好。 |
-Leonard: Morning. | 早上好。 |
-Sheldon: I have to say I slept splendidly. | 我得说我睡得非常好。 |
Granted, not long, but just deeply and well. | 老实说,睡得不久,但是很深很沉。 |
-Leonard: I'm not surprised. | 我不觉得惊讶。 |
A well-known folk cure for insomnia is to break in your neighbor's apartment and clean. | 一个有名的民间治愈失眠法,就是闯入邻居的房间打扫清理。 |
-Sheldon: Sarcasm | 讽刺我吗 |
-Leonard: You think | 你说呢 |
-Sheldon: Granted, my methods may have been somewhat unorthodox, | 老实说,我的方法也许有些极端, |
but I think the end result will be a measurable enhancement to Penny's quality of life. | 但我认为最终有效地,增进了Penny的生活质量。 |
-Leonard: You've convinced me. Maybe tonight we should sneak in and shampoo her carpet. | 你说得对,也许今晚我们该再偷溜去,给她的地毯来个泡泡浴。 |
-Sheldon: You don't think that crosses a line | 你不觉得那样太过火了吗 |
-Leonard: Yes. | 当然。 |
For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth | Sheldon,难道要我每次开口讽刺你时,都举块讽刺牌 |
-Sheldon: You have a sarcasm sign | 你有讽刺牌 |
-Leonard: No, I do not have a sarcasm sign. | 不,我没有讽刺牌。 |
-Sheldon: Do you want some cereal | 你想来些芥麦吗 |
I feel so good today; I'm going to choose from the low-fiber end of the shelf. | 今天感觉真好,我决定选择,架子尾端的低纤维食物。 |
Hello, Honey Puffs. | 哈罗,蜂蜜泡芙。 |
-Penny:Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的! |
-Leonard: Penny's up. | Penny起床了。 |
-Penny:You sick geeky bastards! | 你们这些恶心变态的杂种! |
-Leonard: How did she know it was us | 她怎么知道是我们 |
-Sheldon: I may have left a suggested organizational schematic for her bedroom closet. | 我也许在她卧室的衣橱,留下了一个暗示性的组织记号。 |
-Penny:Leonard! | Leonard! |
-Leonard: God, this is going to be bad. | 上帝啊,糟糕了。 |
-Sheldon: Good-bye, Honey Puffs. Hello, Big Bran. | 再见,蜂蜜泡芙。哈罗,大糠芥麦。 |
-Penny:You came into my apartment last night while I was sleeping! | 你们昨晚趁我睡着时,进了我的房间! |
-Leonard: Yes, but only to clean. | 是的,但只是帮你清理房间。 |
-Sheldon: Really more to organize. You're not actually dirty, per se. | 顶多也就是整理。本质上讲,你并不脏。 |
-Penny:Give me back my key. | 把钥匙还给我。 |
-Leonard: I'm very, very sorry. | 我非常抱歉。 |
-Penny:Do you understand how creepy this is | 你们知道这有多么可怕吗 |
-Leonard: Oh, yes, we discussed it at length last night. | 是的,我们昨晚详细地讨论过了。 |
-Penny:In my apartment, while I was sleeping! | 我的房间,趁我睡着时! |
-Sheldon: And snoring. And that's probably just a sinus infection. | 还打鼾,那也许是种鼻窦传染病。 |
But it could be sleep apnea. You might want to see an otolaryngologist. | 但那会引发睡眠时呼吸暂停,你最好去看耳鼻喉科医师。 |
The throat doctor. | 就是看咽喉的医生。 |
-Penny:And what kind of doctor removes shoes from asses | 哪种医生能从屁股里提鞋 |
-Sheldon: Depending on the depth, that's either a... proctologist or a general surgeon. | 依深度来看,那可能是直肠病医生,或是普通外科医生。 |
-Leonard: SARCASM | 讽刺(纸上写的) |
-Penny:God! | 上帝! |
-Leonard: Penny, I think what you're feeling is perfectly valid and maybe a little bit later today | Penny,你现在的想法完全正确,也许再过一会儿, |
when you're feeling a little less... | 当你感到不是那么... |
for lack of a better word-- violated, | 该怎么说,被冒犯时, |
maybe we can talk about this some more. | 我们可以再谈谈这件事。 |
-Penny:Stay away from me. | 离我远点。 |
-Leonard: Sure, that's another way to go. | 当然,那也是种方法。 |
-Sheldon: Penny, Penny! Hold on. | Penny,Penny! 等等。 |
Just to clarify, because there will be a discussion when you leave. | 澄清一下,因为你离开后,这儿会展开讨论。 |
Is your objection solely to our presence in the apartment while you were sleeping, | 你是只反对我们,趁你睡着时偷溜进你房间, |
or do you also object to the imposition of a new organizational paradigm. | 还是也反对被强迫接受一个,全新而井井有条的模范房间 |
Well, that was a little non-responsive. | 呃,这个回答太含糊了。 |
-Leonard: You are going to march yourself over there right now and apologize. | 你得马上大步走去,正式向她道歉。 |
What's funny | 有什么好笑的 |
-Sheldon: That wasn't sarcasm | 那不是讽刺吗 |
-Leonard: No. | 不是。 |
-Sheldon: Whoo, boy, you are all over the place this morning. | 哇,小子,今早什么话都是你说了算啊。 |
I have a master's and two Ph.D.s, I should not have to do this. | 我有一个硕士学位,两个博士学位,我不应该这么做。 |
-Penny:What! | 什么事! |
-Sheldon: I am truly sorry for what happened last night. | 对于昨晚发生的事,我真挚地向你道歉。 |
I take full responsibility. | 我负全部责任。 |
And I hope that it won't color your opinion of Leonard, | 而且我希望不会影响到,你对Leonard的看法。 |
who is not only a wonderful guy, but also, I hear, a gentle and thorough lover. | 他不仅仅是个好人,而且我听说,他是个温和细心的好情人。 |
I did what I could. | 我尽力了。 |
-Penny:Hey, Raj. | 嗨,Raj。 |
Hey, listen. | 嘿,听着。 |
I don't know if you heard about what happened last night with Leonard and Sheldon, | 我不知道你是否听说了,昨晚 Leonard和Sheldon干的事, |
but I'm really upset about it. | 但我是真的很生气。 |
I mean, they just... they let themselves into my place and then they cleaned it. | 我是说,他们... 居然闯进我的房间打扫。 |
Can you even believe that | 你能相信吗 |
How weird is that | 那多么奇怪。 |
-Raj:she's standing very close to me. | 她离我非常近。 |
Oh, my, she does smell good. | 哦,她闻起来真香。 |
What is that, vanilla | 什么味道,香草 |
-Penny:You know, where I come from, if someone comes into your house at night, you shoot. Okay | 知道吗,在我家乡,如果有人这样做,你直接毙了他,明白吗 |
And you don't shoot to wound. | 不仅仅是射伤他。 |
I mean, all right, my sister shot her husband, but it was an accident, they were drunk. | 我是说,好吧,我姐姐把她丈夫开枪打死了,但只是意外,他们喝醉了。 |
Wait, what was I saying | 等等,我刚说什么 |
-Raj:She's so chatty. | 她的话真多。 |
Maybe my parents are right. | 也许爸妈说得对。 |
Maybe I'd be better off with an Indian girl. | 也许我最好和一个印度女孩远走高飞。 |
We'd have the same cultural background | 我们有相同的文化背景, |
and my wife could sing to my children the same lullabies my mother sang to me. | 我妻子可以给孩子们唱同样的摇篮曲,就像我妈妈对我唱的一样。 |
-Penny:It's obvious that they meant well, but I'm just... | 很明显他们是好意,但我只是... |
-Penny:I'm having a really rough time. Like I said, I broke up with my boyfriend and... | 我这段时间很难熬。就像我说的,我和男友分手了... |
I mean, just because most of the men I've known in my life happen to be jerks, | 因为我生命中出现的大部分男人都是混蛋, |
doesn't mean I should just assume Leonard and Sheldon are. Right | 但并不表明我能假定,Leonard和Sheldon也是,对吗 |
-Raj:She asked me a question. I should probably nod. | 她问我问题了,我应该点头。 |
-Penny:That's exactly what I thought. Thank you for listening. | 我就是这么想的,谢谢你的倾听。 |
You're a doll. | 你真是个好人。 |
-Raj:Uh-oh. Turn your pelvis. | 哇哦,转动你的骨盘。 |
-Howard:Phew!Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served. | 喔!拿张纸巾吧,哥们,尝到逊的滋味了吧。 |
-Leonard:It's fine. You-You win. | 好了,你赢了。 |
-Howard:What's his problem | 怎么回事 |
-Sheldon:His imaginary girlfriend broke up with him. | 他假想的女友和他分手了。 |
-Howard:Been there. | 又来了。 |
-Raj:Hello. | 哈罗。 |
Sorry I'm late, but I was in the hallway, chatting up Penny. | 抱歉迟到了,我在走廊和Penny聊天。 |
-Howard:Really You, Rajesh Koothrappali, spoke to Penny | 真的 你 Rajesh Koothrappali 和Penny说话了 |
-Raj:Actually, I was less the chatter than the chat-ee. | 事实上,我更多的是倾听者,而非叙述者。 |
-Leonard:What did she say Is she still mad at me | 她说了些什么 她还生我气吗 |
-Raj:Well, she was upset at first, | 呃,她开始很生气, |
but probably because her sister shot somebody. | 但可能因为她姐姐开枪射死过某人。 |
But then there was something about you, and then she hugged me. | 但然后提到了你们,再然后就抱了我。 |
-Howard:She hugged you How'd she hug you | 她抱你 怎么抱你的 |
Is that her perfume I smell | 我闻到的是她的香水味吗 |
-Raj:Intoxicating ,isn't it | 令人陶醉,不是吗 |
-Penny:Hi. | 嗨。 |
What's going on | 怎么了 |
-Leonard:Um... Here’s the thing. | 呃...是这样。 |
Penny,just as Oppenheimer came regret to his contribution to the first atomic bomb, | Penny,就像奥本海默站出来,为他发明第一枚原子弹而道歉, |
so too I regret my participation, at least error in judgment. | 我同样为我参与的一点判断失误感到抱歉。 |
The hallmark of the great human experiment is the willingness to recognize one's mistakes. | 人类伟大实验的标志在于,主动承认错误。 |
Some mistakes,such as Madam Curie discovered radium,turned out to have great scientific potential, | 这些错误,例如居里夫人发现的镭,被发现具有巨大的科学研究潜力, |
even though she would later die a slow, death from radiation poisoning. | 虽然她此后死于,慢性而痛苦的辐射中毒。 |
Another example, from the field of Ebola research... | 另一例子,在埃博拉病毒的研究领域… |
-Penny:Leonard | Leonard |
-Leonard:Yeah | 嗯 |
-Penny:We're okay. | 我们没事了。 |
-Leonard:62 wood dowels. | 62个木钉。 |
-Sheldon:Check. | 有。 |
-Leonard:One package Phillips head screws. | 一包飞利浦螺旋钉。 |
-Sheldon:check | 有。 |
-Penny:You guys, seriously, I grew up on a farm, okay | 伙计们,我在农场长大的,好不好 |
I rebuilt a tractor engine when I was, like, 12. | 我大概,12岁时,就重组了一台拖拉机发动机。 |
I think I can put together a cheap, Swedish media center. | 我想我能组装这样一个,便宜的瑞典货家庭影院。 |
-Leonard:No, please. We insist. It's the least we can do, considering. | 不,让我们来。考虑到这是我们唯一能做的。 |
-Sheldon:Considering what How great this place look | 考虑到什么 这地方看起来多棒 |
-Howard:Oh, boy. I was afraid of this. | 伙计,我害怕这个。 |
-Raj:what | 什么 |
-Howard:These instructions are a pictographic representation of the least imaginative way to assemble these components. | 这些说明书,尽是组装这些配件最没有想象力的方法。 |
This right, here is why Sweden has no space program. | 这就是为什么,瑞典没有太空计划。 |
-Penny:Well, it-it looked pretty good in the store. | 呃,在商店里看起来还不错。 |
-Leonard:It is an inefficient design. For example, Penny has a flat screen TV, | 这个设计效率很低。比方说,Penny有一台纯平电视, |
which means all the space behind it is wasted. | 这意味着,后面的空间都浪费了。 |
-Sheldon:We could put her stereo back there. | 我们可以把她的立体音响放在后面。 |
-Leonard:And control it how | 怎么控制调节呢 |
-Sheldon:Run an infrared repeater. | 接一个红外线转发器。 |
Photo cell here, emitter here, easy-peasy. | 这边发射区域,这边发射器,简单易行。 |
-Howard:Good point. How are you going to cool it | 好主意,那你怎么散热 |
-Penny:Hey, guys, I got this. | 嘿,伙计们,我来弄这个。 |
-Sheldon:Hang on, Penny. | 等等,Penny。 |
How about fans Here and here. | 扇子如何 这里和这里。 |
-Leonard:Also inefficient, and might be loud. | 还是不行,可能会有噪音。 |
How about liquid coolant Maybe a little aquarium pump here, | 液体冷却剂如何也许放个玻璃钢泵在这儿。 |
-Howard:How about liquid coolant Maybe a little aquarium pump here, | 液体冷却剂如何 也许放个玻璃缸泵在这儿。 |
run some quarter-inch PVC... | 装四分之一英尺的PVC... |
-Penny:Guys, this is actually really simple. | 伙计们,这个其实真的很简单。 |
-Howard:Hold on, honey. Men at work. | 等等,亲爱的,男人在做事。 |
The PVC comes down here. | PVC从这儿下来。 |
Maybe a little corrugated sheet metal as a radiator here. | 也许一点褶皱的金属片,作散热器放这儿。 |
-Leonard:Oh , really Show me where we put a drip tray, a sluice, and an overflow reservoir. | 真的吗 指指看,在哪儿放水柱、水闸、和蓄水池。 |
-Sheldon:If water's involved, we're going to have to ground the crap out of the thing. | 如果要引水进来,我们就得接地线。 |
-Penny:Guys, it's hot in here. I think I'll just take off all my clothes. | 伙计们,这儿很热,我想我要把衣服都脱了。 |
-Leonard:Oh, I've got it. | 哦,我明白了。 |
What about if we replace panels A, B and F and crossbar H with aircraft-grade aluminum | 要不,我们换掉面板A B和F 横木H ,用航行器使用的铝 |
-Sheldon:Right. Then the entire thing is one big heat sink. | 对,那这整个就是一个大散热器。 |
-Howard:Perfect. Leonard, why don't you and Sheldon go to the junk yard | 完美,Leonard,你和Sheldon去废品回收站, |
and pick up about six square meters of scrap aluminum | 找些六平方米的废铝片。 |
Raj and I will run down to my lab and get the oxyacetylene torch. | Raj和我去实验室弄些氧乙炔炬。 |
-Leonard:Meet back here in an hour | 一小时后见 |
-Howard:Done. | 就这样。 |
-Leonard:Got it. | 明白。 |
-Penny:Okay, this place does look pretty good. | 好吧,这里看起来确实不错。 |
¥29.8
¥9.9
¥59.8